Thursday, July 06, 2006

If you could see kid's futures, would you really want to?

My imps were outside playing with the n.imps (neighborhood imps) today and for a while all was well in my little corner of the kingdom.

The day was cool. The imps were running around, laughing and yelling and being generally happy. Then it happened. During a round of freeze tag -- hehe I got to be base (yea me!) -- the g.imp decided to hide under my chair and the b.imp tried crawling under after her. It was then that the eldest n.imp uttered these words: 'Bite her on the butt!'

After the crying and yelling subsided (b.imp apparently clamped down with gusto), the elder n.imp then uttered the following words : 'We were just joking! I didn't think he would actually do it!'

(now to complete this picture, add an expression that later in life that will be best described as 'damn! Where the hell did that come from?' Ladies you've seen this expression lots right?)

Of course all I could do was sit there, shrug and hope that this n.imp's future love interest was the forgiving sort...

No comments: