Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Things that Irritate

1- Kids having kids!
Yes this is a big item to head up this list but we ran across a huge example of this last night.

On the way home from our city's fireworks extravaganza we were temporarily stopped by the couple in front of us (ok they were ahead of us by approx 20 feet). While they paused for a quick grope, their stroller, complete with baby, started rolling back toward us. Fortunately the crowd was pretty full and it did not make it far. and yes the couple in question looked to be still in high school.

egads!!!

2- Crowding Seats in Restaurants
No, I am not talking about crowded restaurants.

I am talking about being the only patrons in the establishment when another party comes in and picks the table next to you. I mean there were at least 15 other tables/booths in the place!

Find a seat somewhere else!

3- How hard is it to make a cafe au lait?
This place we ate at today had what my wife's former boss terms a 'fru-fru' menu.

So how hard is it for a place that specializes in Smoothies, Flavored Coffee, Capuccino and Teas to make a steamed milk/coffee combo? They did not even know what the drink was!! Come on!

For 3 bucks a cup I almost expect the cup to trot out to the table, drink the coffee itself and offer to clean the table!

4- Just how big is Super-Size??
We ordered a KFC meal the other day and found out it came with a drink. Ok, So throw in a glass of pop (for those outside the mid-west that would be a soda to you). Turns out the glass was about One Liter of pop (soda).

Hardee's is by far the worst offender. I recently made the mistake of assuming I knew the sizes. When prompted I said - Medium. What I got was a sandwich I had to hold with two hands and a spatula, fries that equated to two whole Idaho Potatoes, and a drink keg. If what I was given was the 'Medium' in size, what the hell would large be?
The cup holders in my car are already too small for the current size (although I could have strapped the cup into the empty passenger seat with the seat belt).

I am truly amazed and a little scared with the way our fast food industry is trending...

1 comment:

Mama of 2 said...

Oh Dennis...you never cease to make me chuckle. Thank you so much for your quick wit and true to life take on the world around us.

I'm so glad you made your way to my blog if only so I could find my way to yours.

Keep those super posts coming.