Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Have you ever...

Have you ever been to a restaurant with your date, spouse, significant other and the whole time you are talking he is looking over your head trying to catch the latest sports scores/updates?

Well that used to be me (ok it still is me when I am seated in the right direction). Last night it was my wife...

OH YEAH!!!

And she was watching ESPN's coverage of the Roger Clemen's news conference. Neither of us really like him as our favorite player and we do not really follow the team for which he pitches. However, it was sports related and she at least offered updates.

Turns out he was having the press conference to talk about his upcoming start with his current team...BIG YAWN!

But did I mention that it was my WIFE watching the show!!

I might have asked this before, BUT does it ever get any better than this???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kyle does that. Kind of like I pretend to be listening to him when I'm reading blogs. Goes both ways, doesn't it?

dennis said...

LOL...
What I did not mention is next to us a group were having a business meeting and it was highly entertaining to watch one of the men struggle to keep up with the conversation at the same time he tried to follow the press conference.

I would sympathize with Kyle, but I kinda only give the wife 1/2 attention when I am online...

dennis said...

Absotively!! We actually were on a date the other night (watching the X-Men and yes the Better 1/2 chose the flick!!) and during coffee after the flick, we saw one of those first date couples!!


All I can say is that boy is/will be in trouble!!