Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I almost felt good there for a moment

I opened my blog this p.m. and was enjoying what I have created. Granted it is not the fiction that I am also pursuing...

(the current plan is to focus on the kids and when they both go to school full-time, pursue my writing interests and actually complete one of the many manuscripts that are languishing under my 11pm - 2am -infrequent- writing binges).

I picked up the 'puter to move to the next room and g.imp wandered by and read the screen while we transitioned to the next room (she is six and is currently reading her first Harry Potter book!).

Anyway, she read the title of my blog and asked what 'SAHD' meant.

Me: it means Stay At Home Dad

g.imp: Oh. Why don't you just write it out

Me: Because we like to give ourselves cute little titles

g.imp: (long pause--brief glazed look in her eyes) whatever!


I was going to end the post here but the dvd machine decided to chew up the Disney music cd that I was playing for the imps. So the following ensued:

g.imp: I think the machine does not like it. Can we put in another one...Disney. I like Disney.


Me: Ok. Or would you like Rock'n'Roll? (we have a fair sized collection of old and new rock, some country and a tad of blues, jazz and classical. But I am currently in a rock frame of soul).

g.imp: Oh daddy! let's do that one! Shanee Tane! Shanee...what's her name?

Me: Shania Twain?

g.imp: yes her! I like her!

Me: (staring longingly at my Aerosmith, Who and Derek and the Dominoes) oh, alright.


Just how close do you think I am from encountering a full-fledged attack of 'Girl Power'??

But as the wife commented last night as long as the name Brittany is not included in any way, shape or form...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

My husband is going to have the same problem in our house. We have a little girl and my dog is female too. We are trying for another and I'm pretty sure we're going to have another girl so he'll be outnumbered big time. Have you started playing Barbie with her yet?

dennis said...

Well, I still have not gotten over the fact that she stripped her dolls of every bit of cloth the moment she got them.

Since I walked into her room and found 5 naked dolls neatly stacked across her pillow, she has not received too many Barbies!!

I have done the occassional tea party tho...