Sunday, June 18, 2006

Life Cannot Get Any Better Than This, Right?

Having lurked online reading posts from other At Home parents, it has become clear that the good fight is under way. This means that while I will address parenting issues as a Stay At Home Dad, they will not be the only issues covered.

The reason I am even contemplating this venture is because of the support of my wife. Yes, I can hardly believe it myself. I am married to a woman who actually encourages me to spend time on the internet!

While pondering my good fortune, I have to admit that she also has supported my career choices. We found out very early that I am not an office rat. I do not function at high levels over long periods, when shackled to a desk. I truly do not even enjoy the thought of visiting an office, much less being forced to work in one. She on the other hand thrives. God bless her.

But marriage is not a one-way street. When we first married, she could not stand and did not understand football or baseball. Now after more than 12 years of marriage, we not only watch games on the television, she will actually look for and listen to them on the radio!

Have I mentioned that life is good?

Ok, before I hear about how self-centered I am, I also have to watch shows on Bravo. I am expected to change sinus-cleansing diapers without the aid of an environmental suit, take and pick-up the kids from their extra-curriculars and be interested enough sign them up for those activities (ok, this is taking some actual effort, but I have improved).

One last detail, and this actually shocked me, I put the tiny imp to bed (and listened to him scream, up close and personal, for an hour-and-a-half) and went back into the family room to catch my better half at least two episodes into the latest Dr. Who marathon on the sci fi channel!!

Damn!!!

I did mention that life was good, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link love! And I love your first post. I look forward to reading many more.

Mama of 2 said...

Wonderful first post....and another thank you shout for adding my humble workings to your list of links....I will be doing the same.

dennis said...

I look forward to reading you...

Thank you!